The Sales and Marketing Blog from MarketJoy, Inc.
The Complete Checklist for Creating Compelling Call-to-Action
March 14, 2018 | | 0 Comments |
If you are struggling in reaching out your targeted audience and lacking in lead generation, this could be because your call-to-action is not compelling enough. Placing the right CTAs on your website, landing pages, on Sales & Marketing Collaterals, you can fetch the right audience. So, how do you create the perfect Call-to-Action (CTA)? Read on to discover the complete checklist to help you get it right…
- The first thing you need to do is use language that is actionable. Use second-person verbs and action-oriented text. Instead of ‘be smarter,’ words like ‘unearth’ and ‘discover’ work better.
- Make sure your call-to-action lines up with your landing page copy.
- Your CTA should incorporate a clear value proposition. What is the user going to gain by clicking on this call-to-action? You need to make this abundantly clear.
- Add an element of urgency. Life is lived at such a fast pace today, and this is one of the main reasons why the Internet has become so dominant. You need to tap into this sense of urgency and use it to your advantage when creating a call-to-action.
- The call-to-action needs to be big. What’s the point in having a CTA that does not stand out?
- Create a design that is highly contrasting. This is another way to attract the attention of your visitors. You do not want your CTA to blend in with the rest of your website; you need it to stand out if it is going to capture the attention of the viewer.
- Make sure the button looks clickable. This is where a lot of business owners go wrong. They create a call-to-action that does not look like it can be clicked, and so people don’t even bother trying.
- Add alt text to your CTA. This will help users who are not able to view the CTA image.
- Make sure the call-to-action is in a prominent position on your website.
- Find the best performer. If you do not test your CTA, how are you going to know whether it is working effectively? It is the best to A/B test numerous CTAs so you can find the best option.
- Personalize your calls-to-action for various sections of your audience. Tailored marketing is the way forward for improved results.